Saturday, June 19, 2010

Our summer so far

I'm not very good at keeping up on blogging. Every day I think I should go post quick and then I end up doing other things. When the weather is nice we are busy trying to be out in the sun. Kayden now crawls to the door and basically begs to go outside. He is now crawling and pulling himself up all over the place. He is constantly getting into anything and everything (especially stuff he shouldn't be getting into). He is super fun and getting difficult to keep up with. He would rather walk than crawl so he spends a lot of time following me around in the walker too. Today I got out some paint for Kayden to enjoy. He had fun playing in the paint and even trying to eat the paintbrush. We finally got a finished picture to give to Dad for Father's Day.





Lately Phil has been going golfing a lot. He got new clubs as an early birthday present and loves them. Now he is constantly wanting to go golfing or go hit a bucket of balls. I swear he even thinks that his clubs belong in the living room rather than the garage or closet.


As for me I have been keeping myself busy with going on walks, shopping with friends and sisters, learning how to do a weave in my sister's hair, having Courtney highlight my hair (you are amazing girl!), working out, and trying to keep up with Kayden. Speaking of working out... I have been doing P90X for the past two months, and I would definately recommend it to anyone. It is amazing and it works! I have a lot more energy, I'm getting some muscles again, and I've lost more weight than expected (since I haven't really done any of the dieting part). I weighed myself in the beginning and refused to get on a scale since. I finally gave in and checked my weight a couple weeks ago... I lost 25 lbs in 1.5 months :) I was in complete shock because I haven't really noticed a difference looking in the mirror. So anyway I would definately tell anyone to try P90X because I have been seriously satisfied.

Last weekend Phil finally took a couple days off of work so we could get a little vacation. We headed up to Star Valley so the guys could go golfing (imagine that). Then after they went golfing Phil and my dad went and stained our headboard and footboard. My dad and Phil have been working on this project for a while now. They are building a beautiful headboard for our bed. I am super excited that it is almost done. This picture is before they stained it so you will have to wait for the finished product!
The next day my family and some of our friends all headed down to Utah. We spent one day at Lagoon. It was the perfect day to be there. It rained a little here and there but not way too much. It was awesome that it wasn't way too hot but we also got to enjoy some sunshine. Since everyone thought it was gonna be a bad day it wasn't very busy. There were hardly any lines. This meant we got to do whatever we wanted when we wanted. It was also super nice that I had so many people willing to watch Kayden so I got to enjoy it like I normally would have. The next day we got to do some shopping. It was fun to spend time with my family and get out of Idaho. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures. I took my camera but I guess I was just having too much fun to think to get it out. :( Maybe I will get better at that. We are having a fun summer so far and we can't wait for everything else we have planned.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys have been sooo busy. :) Kayden is such a cutie! I can't believe how grown up he is. Congrats on the weight loss that is always exciting too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOUR SON! His painting pictures are the best. You are most welcome girly..you are the bestest! I am still hanging out in Wyoming for another week...we must hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. LOVE the haircut on baby Kayden! It's just like Philip's hair when he was a toddler! Too cute! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete